Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Information Overload

This blog is also being used for a class, Blogging for Journalists, and I will be posting about topics assigned by Dr. Clark from time to time. We just read the article State of the Blogosphere 2011 off the Technorati.com blog. As you can see by my title, it was a lot of information to take in at once. As I read through endless amounts of graphs from the research done by the website, I saw a trend. I honestly think that a lot of times we over-analyze things as a society. Is it really necessary to completely dissect the demographics that are active bloggers? I think the bottom line is this: Some people blog as a hobby and some blog for money. It's really not that complicated. I think blogging is an industry that some see as a way to put their thoughts out for everyone to see, while others just see dollar signs. I don't need to flip through a stack of graphs and figures to discover this. I don't need to see what ages and education levels are blogging. All you need to know is that now, more than ever, people are blogging, simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment